The Sheila McKechnie Foundation (one of the UK’s specialists in campaign training for non-profits) is running a one day introduction to campaigning course in Glasgow on February 14th. Aimed at those who are fairly new to campaigning, or keen to get started, participants should come away from the course able to:
- Understand more about how change happens
- Understand power and how to influence others
- Better understand the process of campaigning
- Be able to design an effective campaign
- Know how to define key messages
- Have the skills to breakdown audiences and know how to communicate with them, including digital campaigning and working with the media
- Know more about local and national government systems
- Meet other campaigners, develop their professional network and receive peer support.
There’s a sliding scale for payment, and lunch is included.
Register your place or find out more about the Sheila McKechnie Foundation on their website.